Re: xkb-data: Help needed for Macintosh keyboards

On Tue, 2006-08-29 at 22:48 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> 5. What informations should be reported?
>    =====================================
>
> Everything ;)
> Basically I have to make sure that there are no regressions before
> this package can be uploaded into unstable.  This means that if a
> layout did work previously, it should also work with this package.
> If a layout was broken, well I guess that there is no harm fixing
> it.  As I know nothing about Mac keyboards, I will need all
> informations you can provide:
>   * Mac model (ibook, g4, g5, etc)

Powerbook G4 1,5Ghz (Powerbook 5,6)

>   * Mac keyboard (USB or not, country variant)

Internal mac keyboard, french version

>   * xorg.conf options
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "kbd"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
EndSection

>   * success or failure report?

'success' but I don't have modifier keys anymore (not backslash, not
pipe...) and <> / #@ are inverted.

>   * If possible, which console keymap you normally use

fr personal one

>   * If some keys have a different definition, please run
>       xkbcomp :0
>     after running the setxkbmap command above, and send the generated
>     server-0.xkb file with explanations of these differences.

I'll send this one later when i'll be using my "own" keymap.

Regards,

--
Yves-Alexis