Re: can not switch to virtual terminal since upgrading kernel and gdm

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 06:54:36PM +0200, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> "If Ctrl-Alt-Function keys stop working, try removing the keyboard
> variant option from xorg.conf if it's there. (option "XkbVariant")
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg and leave the keyboard variant field
> empty.
>
> If this doesn't work, chvt 1 from a root shell will.":
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Xorg69To7#head-1712bce53337ef2d01166bb3e0652f90bf70310e
>
> I haven't tried the proposed solution as removing the keyb. variant
> does not seem to be a very promising solution ...
>
> [Update, a few minutes later:] I just tried that solution, and it seems
> to work here on a Powerbook5,8

 ... on a freshly updated Debian/unstable ...

Thanks for pointing me to this old problem that you helped solve here
with your question.

Hoping it helped you, too

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on