Re: Nubus machines wanted (was: Re: Let me know if you're looking for PowerPC parts)

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 11:38:32PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> I had an 8100/80 running woody - my first Debian/Linux install - and
> used it as a server up until a year ago.  I offered it on this list but
> there were no takers so I gave it to a local school.  I could check if
> they're using it if you really want it?  I'm in London but if we can
> work out a way of getting it to you, you'd be welcome to it :)

Yes, I am interested in it. England is not so far from France, but
there is the Channel between us... Maybe do you appear to cross the
EuroTunnel to come next year to the FOSDEM in Bruxelles? ;)

> I've also got two G4s (dual 450MHz) running sarge as servers; they're
> rock solid and don't require much maintenance.  I've had a huge amount
> of help from this list and hope that the powerpc arch continues to be
> well supported but more recently have spent a lot more time playing with
> amd64.  Nevertheless, if I can help in some way I will.  That said I'm a
> user rather than a developer/maintainer.

Sure, getting us the machine will be already a great help. :)

Cheers,
--
 .''`.   Aurélien GÉRÔME
: :'  :