Re: spam

Le mar 2006-08-01 a 01:09:55 -0400, brian <cymraegish@yahoo.com> a dit:

>      another important consideration as far as i know,
>      it could be worse than spam. mail has always been
>      the way 'nix systems get broken into. especially if

eh? like the other dude said, there's ways, but it hasn't been through
mail, at least recently.

>      you are running testing/unstable where you don't
>      get security updates.

eh? since when? testing has had security updates since a while now,
and unstable doesn't need a separate source since it's already
directly uploaded there (well, there's steps, but that's the first
usual public repo people can fetch), so there's NO NEED for it.

>      i would rather be using 'nix mail but it is way down
>      my list of priorities.

i'd rather be using e-mail on a unix-derived system than any other,
period.

*lurking field up*

simon

--
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and
the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.