Regression in sleep code for PowerBook5,2

Hello,

I have started to experinence lock-ups since the upgrade to the latest
official Debian Sid kernel for powerpc:

eddy@merci ~ $ LANG=C apt-cache policy linux-image-2.6.17-2-powerpc
linux-image-2.6.17-2-powerpc:
 Installed: 2.6.17-6
 Candidate: 2.6.17-6
 Version table:
*** 2.6.17-6 0
       900 http://ftp.ro.debian.org unstable/main Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

The lock-ups appear at different times, but I have seen it at the time
the battery finished and sleep was supposed to be entered to save
work, I have seen it after trying to close the lid. This did not
happen with the previous package version which was present in Sid.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Regards,
EddyP