powerbook3400: serial/printer error

hi, this sort of an addendum to my earlier posting today.

one other problem i had more or less given up on was
trying to print through the old fashioned serial port.

i set up cups and all that and also on my new world where
it worked fine, in both debian and osx.

but on the old world i get two errrors:

one is trying to print i just get garbage out, like
random letters.

second is at startup and periodically at the console
i get an error like "pmac-zilog: dongle version x not supported".

i am thinking this may be cause by the IR port, which
is actually a serial port and was known at some point
to cause interference on this machine (in the old macOS)

it is not too serious again, what i have done is set up
pdf printer and for my layout linix program i copy up to
mac where i can print from acrobat or transfer to
another place for easier printing.

still i would rather not of course.