Re: suspend-to-disk fails on 2nd wake up

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 11:52:29PM +0200, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 11:20:19AM -0400, Guy Yasko wrote:
> >
> > I've been suspending my Powerbook 6,8 to disk, but I find that I can
> > only suspend and wake up once.  Attempts to wake up from the second
> > suspend always fail.  My machine hangs after it reads the image from
> > swap.  The last message I see is:
> >
> > eth0: suspending, WakeOnLan disabled
> >
> > I'm running 2.6.17-rc4.  Is there anything I should adjust or look
> > for?
>
> Same here on powerbook6,2 with 2.6.17-1-powerpc, any clue on this?

err, that was with -rc4, with -1-powerpc I'm unable to suspend-to-disk:

Stopping tasks:
 stopping tasks timed out after 20 seconds (1 tasks remaining):
  khvcd
Restarting tasks...<6> Strange, khvcd not stopped
 done

filippo
--
Filippo Giunchedi - http://esaurito.net
PGP key: 0x6B79D401

If there is any better use for being famous and respected than using
that status to question orthodoxy, I haven't found it yet.
-- Eric S. Raymond