Re: Debian Installer - Etch Beta 3 release

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 12:59:49AM +0200, Christian Guggenberger wrote:
> I just wanted to remind you of yaboot CD booting issue I described in
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/05/msg00772.html
>
> It's still there in recent D-I daily builds and is valid for recent
> and older IBM CHRPs:
> 7043-150 (604)
> 7044-270 (POWER3)
> 9131-52a (POWER5+)
>
> a local rebuild yaboot binary successfully boots from CD.
> Re-uploading yaboot should help fixing this issue.>

We used the non-yaboot zImage to boot, but there was also trouble with yaboot.
There are currently no yaboot maintainers, so this is probably not going to
change.

Did you file a bug report against yaboot ? If not, please file one ASAP, and
it should be of RC severity, serious or grave or something.

Friendly,

Sven Luther