Re: I lost yaboot!

Am 08.06.2006 um 16:02 schrieb Roger Leigh:

"Petris Dimitrios" <p3@venus.cslab.aueb.gr> writes:

I have a powerbook G4 and debian installed on it. I recently lost my yaboot bootloader and it starts automatically with osx. Does anyone know how to
restore the bootloader without losing any data?

Another alternative is to boot into OpenFirmware (Command-Option-O-F)
and manually set the boot device:

First, to load yaboot, try:

0 > boot hd:2,yaboot

As to my knowlegde, you have to use

boot hd:2,\ofboot.b

because "ofboot.b" is the linux-bootloader of a new world powerpc (tested on mac mini with debian testing) and "\" is the correct sign for "/" on the open firmware level.

Please notice one point. You have to use the new world boot- partition, which is not "/" and not "/boot" of your debian- installation. If hd:2, is not your new world boot-partition, please change this path.

Bye
Peter Voigt