Re: Video problems installing etch on oldworld PowerPC Mac (beige G3)

At Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:02:13 -0700,
Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> Make sure you don't use a version prior to 1.2.2, and copy the kernel args
> for installation from the yaboot.conf on the CD, but increase the initrd
> size to at least 20480.

I think I have the same problem as the original OP with my Gossamer.
I asked for help about a month ago, to no avail.  I tried to follow
your advice here, but still no luck.  Currently I'm using kernel 2.6.8
under sid.

--
"Every non-free program has a lord, a master --
and if you use the program, he is your master." --RMS