Re: powerbook5,6 questions

On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 02:18 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 02:01 +0200, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> > I'v an alubook (powerbook5,6 1.67)  with ati RV360M11 and I'm tempted
> > to pass it under linux. I would like to know if now Airport extrem
> > works well
>
> if you receive this mail, then yes
>
> > and if I can video/dvi out under linux and especially
> > debianppc.
>
> yes

Well... actually, video (that is S-Video/TV out) isn't supported at this
point by X windows. Also, the DVI output is not _fully_ supported. It
works fine if used as an analog output (with the DVI-VGA adapter or
plugged to a DVI monitor but using the analog signaling). The digital
signaling doesn't work "out of the box" on that model, though it can be
made to work with some hacks

(see http://ozlabs.org/~jk/docs/mergefb/)

(You may also have to boot with the external display plugged)

Cheers,
Ben.