Re: Preparing for an installation on an oldworld machine

Hi, Sven.

On Dec 31 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 06:33:30AM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > Do you mean the images at p.d.o/~luther/d-i/sid/images/*/powerpc/floppy/?
> > The root disk there doesn't fit into a floppy, unfortunately...
>
> Please file an installation report mentioning this.

Done.

> No other floppy to this date is known to work, and at least older
> versions of this one used to be the same size, but i cannot really
> check them always, ...

Of course, the precise size of a 1.44MB floppy is 1474560 bytes. Any
image must not be bigger than that.

> maybe we can introduce some automated check ...

I can try to lend a hand, but right now I'll get back to (intense)
real-life work... :-/ So, I may have (some) time to test things, but I'm
not really sure of how much free time I will have after Jan 2nd, 2006.

Regards, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/