Re: failed to install a debian netinst (etch) on an old G4 (400mhz)

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 06:40:04PM +0100, Nicolas Hognon wrote :
> Hello,

Hello,

> 3. here the partition table
> IDE3 master (hdc) - 20.6 GB IBM-DTLA-305020
> #1 32.3 KB       Apple
> #2 1.0 MB   boot untitled
> #3 19.7 GB  ext3 untitled /
> #4 873.7 MB swap swap     swap

> yaboot-installer: info: partman-supplied bootstrap partitions: /dev/hdc2
> yaboot-installer: info: partman-supplied default bootstrap partition:
> /dev/hdc2
> ... some other log ...
> yaboot-installer: mkofboot: hfsutils is not installed or cannot be found
> yaboot-installer: mkofboot: Try --mount if Linux 2.6.12-1-powerpc support
> HFS
> yaboot-installer: error: mkofboot failed with exit status 1
>

> SO I understand I need hfsutils but where can I found it will I am
> installing
> the debian from a bootable cd ?

I think that you have to tell partman that the partition #2 is a neworld
bootstrap partition. Just select its as if you wanted to put a filesystem on
it, bootstrap is in the list.

Partman will then format it, and yaboot should cease to complain.

Regards,

--
Charles