Re: Debian install on biege G3

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 05:51:28PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 04:57:39PM +0000, David Pead wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I've done a fair bit of looking around on the above subject and tried many
> > times to get Debian running on the G3 here but have to resort to troubling
> > you folks.
> >
> > Spec:
> > OW biege G3 - 333MHz
> > 8gig HD
> > SCSI CD drive (from what I've read, no chance of installing from CD drive)
> >
> > I'm using BootX from a small OS9 partition. I've used a net-drivers floppy
> > to run the installer. I used "guided" partitioning option, installaton
> > starts, fine. Then at the end it tries to use install quik, I'm not to sure
> > on playing with OF so select complete without bootloader. Then am told
> > location of boot disk (/dev/sda7) and to pass "root=/dev/sda7" as a kernal
> > argument.
>
> Please file a bug report against quik-installer.

Why? He didn't even try quik. Do you mean that quik-installer should
know that it likely will not work on biege G3?

Is it the common opinion on this list that quik should be avoided on
the biege G3s? I am currently working on modifying parts of the
debian-installer guide and this info should be there if it is correct.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. What is that strange attachment in this mail?