garbled sound after sleep on PMac Snapper

Hello,

I recently installed Debian (testing, but in the mean time most of it
is unstable) on an post-july2005 iBook G4 (1.33Ghz).

I built a vanilla 2.6.15-rc3 kernel, which includes alsa 1.0.10rc3. I
also installed the 1.0.10 alsa-xxx packages from unstable.  Alsa is
compiled in the kernel and not as modules. /proc/asound/cards says the
card is a PowerMac Snapper.

After boot, sound is working just fine, but after a suspend-wakeup
cycle, there is something wrong with the sound, it plays too fast and
there's noise. I have this problem with both 2.6.15-rc3, 2.6.15-rc2
and 2.6.14.2. (I currently use the 2.6.15 release candidates, since
with 2.6.14.2 I had the problem that the trackpad stopped working
after a sleep-wakeup cycle)

I thought about compiling the alsa powermac driver as a module and
just unloading that upon sleep. However, pbbuttonsd, xmms and the
gnome-volume-applet hold the mixer i believe, and it seems i can't
unload the module, unless i stop those applications.

Is there a way to get the sound right again after sleep?

ruben