From: ezra resnedan [mailto:ezra.resnedan@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 12:29 PM
To: rsps@netterchef.de; debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: How to install Sarge on RS6000 7044p model 270

Ralph escribió:

Hi Ezra,

the 7044-270 isn't the same as the 7043-260, but i think it
should work like described here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2005/08/msg00200.html

And when You boot from OF, please keep in mind to use
backslash instead of slashes, so You have to

"boot cd:,\install\yaboot"

instead of "boot cd:,/install/yaboot"

And "cd:" might be wrong also, since RS6000 knows this from
OF as "cdrom:", but You can do a "devalias" to get the "cd:" working.

Regards
Ralph

Yeap, trying with the dir command I found out it only understands cdrom...

As mentioned before, You could do a "devalias" from OF to get the "cd:".

anyways trying to run yaboot the same way:

boot cdrom:,\install\yaboot

I get this error msg "Default Catch! code=fff00300....."  :(

The machine has its firmware and service processor updated to the latest
so I dont know what may be happening.. :(

IMHO You really have to follow the step by step instructions found in
the above mentionened message.
I think, You will not be able to get this running with the original
sarge disk.

Regards
Ralph