Re: sudden power loss on tibook

Jesus Climent wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 06:22:36PM +0200, stefan kersten wrote:
>

>>i think this has been reported before: on 2.6.11 my 1ghz
>>tibook occasionally suffers from complete power loss,
>>resulting in a hard shutdown. on reboot, the clock is reset.
>>

>Same here, on an iBookG4 12". It did not happen with 2.6.~8 but it is
>happening with 2.6.12.
>

>>has this been fixed in more recent kernel versions (i've
>>already tried 2.6.12)? any suggestions for debugging the
>>problem?
>>

>2.6.12 has not solved the problem. And since i use debian kernels, i will have
>to wait until 13 is released.
>
>But yeah, it is happening here. And it sucks. The only way to keep my job is
>to have an screen on another machine.

Hi All,
just for the record, i have the same problem on my powerbook G4 15" :
processor       : 0
cpu             : 7447/7457, altivec supported
clock           : 612MHz
revision        : 0.1 (pvr 8002 0101)
bogomips        : 406.52
machine         : PowerBook5,2
motherboard     : PowerBook5,2 MacRISC3 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 287 (PowerBook G4 15")
pmac flags      : 0000001b
L2 cache        : 512K unified
memory          : 768MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

I'm running stock kernel 2.6.12.5 ( i think i've having the problem
since 2.6.12  ).
I'm running pbbuttonsd 0.7.1
I've not been able to locate the source of the problem but this is
indeed very annoying.

--
Charles-Edouard Ruault

+33 1 55 34 76 65