Re: RT2500USB Wireless LAN driver for Linux

On 5/21/05, Bin Zhang <yangtze31@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/21/05, Jérémy Bobbio <jeremy.bobbio@etu.upmc.fr> wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am glad to announce the release of ural-linux 0.8, a driver for
> > wireless LAN devices based on the RT2500 USB chipset [1] from Ralink
> > Technologies.
> >
> >   http://etudiants.insia.org/~jbobbio/ural-linux/
> >
> > This driver is a port of Damien Bergamini's *BSD driver [2].  It depends
> > on a device-independent implementation of the 802.11 protocols that
> > originated in the BSD community and was ported to Linux for the MADWIFI
> > driver [3].
> >
> > My primary motivation for this port was being able to use wireless
> > connections on my PowerBook 12" with an Asus WL-167g under Debian.
> > The driver is currently stable enough for daily use on unencrypted
> > channels.
> >

> This is a very good news for me. Thanks.
> I have just tested it on my iBook G4 1.2Ghz, it works well for my
> D-link DWL-G122 (version b1).
> Not test WEP yet. A question:  what about WPA ?

Update : good news for me. :)
I just get WPA to work using wpa_supplicant.
(I am using the version ural-linux-0.8.2.tar.bz2 now.)

I add a line in /etc/network/interfaces:
iface eth1 inet dhcp
(It's eth1 for me)

The file /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
network={
ssid="my ssid"
psk="my secret passphrase"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
proto=WPA
}

Then as root,
# wpa_supplicant -Bw -ieth1 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dmadwifi
# ifup eth1

Bin

(Merci encore Jérémy.)