Re: Apple's Developer Transition Kit

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 11:53 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://developer.apple.com/transitionkit.html
>
> Looks like hackers can get an x86 Apple machine right now, if they fork
> $999.
>
> I guess Ben's employer may not really want to provide that to him :-/
> Maybe we users can re-do a distributed donation to Benh, if he's
> interested in making Linux work on this hybrid stuff?
>
> (Ben: are you interested in this?)

No, I'm not. First of all, this kit is only a lease, you have to send it
back, then, it's only a ordinary peecee, probably very different from
whatever apple will come up ultimately, and finally, I'm not sure at all
that I will continue maintaining linux support on x86 based Macs. I'm
not really motivated at this point.

Ben.