Re: Dead keys won't work

According to Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete Dutra, on Sat, 07 May 2005 01:07:27 -0300,
>	I couldn't use dead keys to produce letter with diacritical
>accents, nor get the Command key to act as Meta.  I've got a beige G3
>with US ADB keyboard.  Can anyone give any tips?

Hi,

just two remarks:

first of all, OpenOffice, will not accept dead-key if the locale is set to
POSIX or C (fr_FR for instance is ok). Even if you can see them in xev and
produce accented character in gvim...

then i'm not sure if your config is consistent since I don't have any us_intl in
/etc/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh.

Once you made your modification, did you try running xev, to see if you effectively
receive dead_* event:

KeyRelease event, serial 23, synthetic NO, window 0x3800001,
    root 0x48, subw 0x0, time 573282316, (88,128), root:(576,152),
    state 0x2000, keycode 94 (keysym 0xfe50, dead_grave), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes:  "`"

There have been several proposition of symbols definition on this list. you can have a
look to the archive. Modifying or creating a file in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/macintosh is
relatively easy and straightforward, and you can have the exact layout you want for all
your account.

Cheers

Cedric