Re: internal modem

According to Dean Hamstead, on Thu, 14 Apr 2005 21:23:33 +1000,
>machine is a dual usb ibook
>
>has an internal 56k modem, it seems to be at /dev/ttyS0
>gtkterm seems happy enough to talk to the modem, but when
>i dial (ATDTxxxxx) it just spews garbage at me immediately
>no its not ppp, it just hammers in straight away with
>or without the phone line plugged in.
>
>could be to do with setserial
>
>or my modem is fried
>
>Dean

These machine are setup with a winmodem, that is most of the modem operation must be done
in software by the driver. It cannot work out of the box like a std modem...

There is a non-free driver somewhere if you really want to use
it. I'm not sure it is ok with a ppc machine though...

Cedric