Re: ibook system bus speed

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 13:43 +0100, Christophe Branchereau wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I own an ibook clamshell special edition 366 MHz, running sarge and a
> 2.6.8 kernel since a long time now.
>
> Today, I noticed by paying attention to dmesg this message:
>
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx

It's a crap message, forget it. The IDE layer tries to have it's own
idea of the PCI bus speed in fact, which then can be used by some IDE
drivers to calculate various timings. But the drivers for the pmac
chipset doesn't need/use this value, which is crap in the first place.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>