Re: Controlling Powerbook fan speed

Wee-Jin Goh wrote:
Hi,

What does -2 do?

-2 is the number of °C by which you want to adjust the maximum temperatures that are used by the therm_adt driver to decide when to start the fan(s).

The default are 50°C for the cpu fan, and 70°C for the gpu one (gpu=general power unit), but I think I've heard there is only one fan in some PowerBook anyway.

http://kernel.kernelnotes.de/linux-2.6.3/drivers/macintosh/therm_adt7467.c

Cheers

Francois