Re: /sys/devices/temperatures and suspend to disk

Hello Moritz,

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:00:06PM +0100, Moritz Armingeon wrote:
> On 19:35 Mon 07 Mar     , Matthias Schulz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when i am booting the 2.6.11 kernel, i am missing the /sys/devices/temperature
> > entry. Does anybody know, whether the feature is missing in 2.6.11 or have i
> > simply forgotten to enable the feature in the kernel-config? Which option is
> > it?
> I believe that /sys/devices/temperatures is provided by the kernel
> module therm_adt746x. It looks like you're not running it. This can
> be harmful to you hardware! Get it as soon as possible.
This worries me.  On my (very recent) powerbook G4 the therm_adt746x module
does not work.  I get the following error message during boot:

    adt746x: Thermostat bus: 0, address: 0x2e, limit_adjust: 0, fan_speed: -1
    Found KeyWest i2c on "uni-n", 2 channels, stepping: 4 bits
    Found KeyWest i2c on "mac-io", 1 channel, stepping: 4 bits
    adt746x: Thermostat failed to read config from bus 0 !

Reading /sys/devices/temperatures via cat results in a kernel oops
followed by a segfault of cat.

Am I in danger of destroying my hardware in this situation?

All the best,
Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/