Re: unnecessary loaded modules

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Eric Gaumer wrote:

Yes but you aren't helping anything by unloading the module for it. It
isn't like you are going to boost system performance by unloading the
module for the cdrom.

	That's the kind of information I was looking for; thanks.

If it bugs you then just uninstall hotplug and load what you need by hand
(/etc/modules).

	But then what about the hotpluggability of USB?

Be careful though... I've seen lots of people forget to load the NIC driver
and lose access to the box.

	That's compiled into the kernel directly.

	- Paul