Re: Wrong sized wrench

> >>Powerbook G4 with superdrive. Nov '02 model
> >>
> >>Thx for the tip.
> >
> >Anybody know about taking apart the screen?  I took out the four main
> >screws, but it seems like their _might_ be some glue or something
> >holding it together?  Am I simply not pulling hard enough?
> >
> >Are there any online instructions on yanking this apart?
> >

> Try:
>
> http://tuxmobil.org/disassembly_laptop.html
>
> http://macfixit.com/
>
> http://www.pbfixit.com/cart/catalog/
>
> ... and google is your friend!
>
> Dan Killoran

Great links, especially the first one, thanks Dan.

The machine is apart now.  No way to free the cables that I need to get
at without disassembling the whole thing.

Was wondering.  Will the machine boot with the monitor cables removed
from their jacks?  Could I possibly use an external monitor?

I'm aiming to solder the one (two?) broken wires back together, but am
not sure its all going to go back together, and or work when its done,
so was wondering if Plan 2 or 3 would be possible.

Plan 2, no monitor. Machine acts as server.

Plan 3, external monitor.

Thanks in advance,
Josh