Re: Massiv kernel crashes on ibook/G4 1.33 GHz

Hello Sebastien!

Am 04.03.2005 um 14:13 schrieb Sebastien NOEL:

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 13:11:37 +0100 , steinm wrote:

In my case it took less than 10 min for the apple hardware test
to find the error. The memory test simply failed and it came up
with a so called code: 2MEM/1/4:DIMM1/J7
If it hadn't found the problem, I would have been very clueless.
You may try to clean the contacts of the memory bar.

  Uwe

ok thank you for the information.

I will clean the contacts, but I have little hope that it changes something.

Do not use alcohol or something like that to clean the contacts, I told Uwe to use an eraser for pencils to clean the contacts. alcohol could wash out the paint and could build up a thin layer of paint on the contacts -- something you just want to avoid ;-). The best would be to use a fiber-pencil (do not know if this is the right word) to clean the contacts.

Or run a memtester for linux or MacOS X. Sometimes after a run (1-2 Days) these programs find some defective RAM.

At the moment we run a memtester on a G4/400 for 5 days now and no problems found -- but my customer has big problems with this computer :-(

Bye,
Christoph