Re: changing the harddisk of a 12" PowerBook 1.33GHz

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 the mental interface of
Basile STARYNKEVITCH told:

> Dear All,
>
> My 12" PowerBook, bought in may 2004 with a 60Gb hard disk, is mostly

Which means your pb is still in warrenty ;-)

> running Linux/Debian/Sid with self-compiled kernel 2.6.10 with
> powermanagement & lid management patches (I'm booting MacOSX only for
> Wifi and -very rarely [did it 2 times]- for watching DVDs) and its
> hard disk is dying. I use it mostly with the cover closed, thru ssh,
> using the AC power supply. But I do carry it and use it on batteries
> when needed...

Similar happended to mine. My Apple distributor changed my disk
within 1 day by warrenty. You can ask your distributor to pay the
offprice to a hdd of your choice.

Ciao

Elimar

--