Re: OT: Howto set Mozilla Firefox mailto links

Tommy Trussell wrote:

Here is the technique I just used to make mailto links point from
Firefox to Thunderbird. This is for Firefox 1.0 (don't know about any
others):

1) Launch Firefox and view the configuration strings using the URL
about:config
2) using the field at the top, search for
   mailto

3) If you do NOT have network.protocol-handler.app.mailto (normally
you don't), create it using these steps:
  a) right-click
  b) choose New --> String
  c) new string: network.protocol-handler.app.mailto
  d) new value: /usr/bin/mozilla-thunderbird

Thank you, Thank you for this, Tommy! This has been one of those quirky little things I've been unable to resolve using 2 or 3 gui tools, no luck. I applied your config fix and pow! a link on a Firefox page pops me up a T-bird compose window.

I >really< appreciate your passing on the tip!  --Harvey