OSS/dma_sound in full duplex?

Hi all-

I've got a question aging with no response over at the Pure Data list,
and thought I'd bring a piece of it over here.

Can anyone tell me whether the OSS dma_sound driver (which I'm using
under 2.4) can or cannot do full duplex CD quality audio?

That is, can I open both input and output to work in 44.1 16bit stereo
simultaneously?

Just starting to get the nfrags, fragsize stuff down, so if this was
important, I'd could be more specific.

Can't seem to open PD in this mode as it can't allocate the input
channels...

Best and Thanks!

Charles Turner

<vze26m98@optonline.net>