Linux-PPC, 802.11g, and B&W new world power mac, internal v.90 modems?

I have a PC with an 802.11b wifi card running debian linux. Currently it's supported by the madwifi project, using the atheros chipset. It also requires a PCI 2.2 compliant motherboard. Does the B&W g3 have a pci compliant motherboard? Where can I find information like this about other mac models? Also, is there any way to use drivers like madwifi with non-x86 hardware (possibly through emulators or has the proprietary core been ported yet?)

Also, to what degree are the internal v.90 modems supported? What device do they usually show up as?

--brandon