Re: iBook G4: repeatingly connect/disconnect of usb storage device

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, David Pye wrote:

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 15:04, steinm wrote:
Feb 15 12:31:29 localhost kernel: hub 4-0:1.0: over-current change on
port 2

That suggests to me that the amount of current it's trying to pull exceeds
what the USB port is able/willing to provide.

Try an externally powered drive?

Or go through a powered USB hub - these aren't too bad. I got one that seemed to be pretty well built, as was able to supply power to all 4 of its ports. Cost was ~ $40 US.

cheers

vinai