Re: Switching from BootX to quik

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:18:00 +0100
Hans Ekbrand <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:09:38AM +0100, Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> Does quick know of the model-specific quirks mentioned on
> http://penguinppc.org/bootloaders/quik/quirks.ph?

No. Quik doesn't know how to manipulate OF vars -- in fact, you may only
load quik with correct OF values

> Is it up to me as an user to configure OF?

Yes, you'll have to figure out the correct values and fill them in
using nvsetenv, Bootvars, or directly at the OF prompt. This can be a
pain, but you'll only have to do it once:-) For info, I do have a 6400
booting nicely with quik, so it should be possible for your 5400 if
it has the same OF version.

Simon

--

Simon Vallet
Due to massive spam, the address shown in the From: header