Re: disk partition questions

Oops, my bad. My disk actually had an Apple_partition_map by my brain registered Apple_bootstrap for some reason. I let the installer use all of my free space and it successfully installed the base system and bootloader. However, during the second stage of the installation, I was asked to select additional software - Desktop, etc. I selected Desktop and print server and I received some errors, the final was said it was unable to install the selected packages. I proceeded to finish the installation anyway and it looks like I have a working system, sans graphical desktop. I'll have to instal these manually. Hopefully there's some kind of meta package for installing all of the needed packages for a gnome or kde desktop? Or, perhaps some way to re-run the second stage of the installer? Back to the documentation....