Re: Linux on the Mac Mini -- Updated

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 02:09:04PM +0100, Djoume SALVETTI wrote:
> Le vendredi 02/11/05 Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> a écrit :
> >   2) you say "Build an optimized kernel". I strongly object to this
> >   recomendation, and ask you to remove it from your howto. The existing debian
> >   kernel should be enough for everyone, and i don't believe that you can
> >   further optimize it. If you have particular problems related to the minimac
> >   and the debian kernel, please fill bug reports and we will try to fix them,
> >   but as of now, the current build infrastructure will yield less supported
> >   kernels when built by hand than the debian kernel per se.
>
> Is this true for the powerbook?
>
> Would you consider include Guido backlight control patch for nvidia
> based powerbook in Debian kernel?

Sure, i would consider this, not sure if it will be really applied, depends on
the patch. Please fill a bug report agains kernel-surce-2.6.8.

> And what about swsusp?

don't think this one is stable enough, maybe benh has some comment on this.

> I'll be happy to open whislist bug if you tell me that these patches
> could be included in Debian kernel despite not being included upstream
> yet.

please fill bugs, even if we don't include it, it will still be documented why
not, and users get to be informed and folk may have chance to fix and such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther