Re: trackpad on powerbook

Sometime in February Colin Leroy assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Hi,
|
| > adb: starting probe task...
| > adb: finished probe task...
| > mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
| >
| > There is nothing between the starting and finished probe. Perhaps that
| > is my problem ;).
|
| Certainly :)

I don't know if you caught this in the original post, but this is a new
powerbook (released last week). I'm really starting to think that the old
adb drivers don't work with the newer models.

| > # CONFIG_USB_MOUSE is not set
|
| You should have this on to use usb mice, but I fail to see a problem
| with the rest. You should really try a 2.6 kernel (you run 2.4 I
| think?), you'll probably have better luck...

All the output I sent in response to your initial questions was for a 2.6
kernel. I've been trying both 2.4 and 2.6 kernels to see if that might fix
things. I'm not too worried about getting a usb mouse working if I cannot
figure out the trackpad.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E