Re: Auctex on iBook fails (same version works on x86)

[Copy by mail since I don't know whether posting to the Usenet mirror
will propagate back to the list]

James Tappin <sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk> writes:

> I've got the auctex package (advanced tex/latex mode for emacs) on
> several boxes and it works just fine on the x86 boxes but on my iBook it
> fails with the error:
> File mode specification error: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds max-lisp-eval-depth")

Suspect #1: emacspeak-17.  Suspect #2: conflicting remains of a
previous manual AUCTeX installation.

In either case
M-x list-load-path-shadows RET

should give you a clue about the problem.