Re: AGP Support in PesasosII

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:22:42PM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> > as 9700/9800, but not the 9600/9550 ones. There are no 3D drivers above
> > the
> > 9250 ones anyway, so a 9250 with 256MB of ram like the one sapphire build
> > is a
> > perfect match (an i think it is even fanless).
>
> that woudl explain why they only sell ati 9200's. the world makes sense
> again ;)

BTW, have you looked at :

  http://www6.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20041027/elitegroup-02.html

Where ECS basically uses the same setup as we, apart from the fact that they
have some additional magic to support 1.5 and 0.8V agp only, and not 3.3V as
we use. Even worse since they are based on a 66MHz pci bus, and no a 133MHz
pci-x bus, and that their bus is not fully dedicated to the slot. The article
concludes with :

  However, although the performance numbers are expectedly low, they might
  still be good enough for many users to tolerate them for a limited timeframe.

I guess the same applies for us too :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther