Re: AGP Support in PesasosII

> For linux Radeon's are prefered. the new radeon 9250 are perfect matches i
> think, i would not invest in more expensive cards. The Voodoo, well, it
> was
> never all so well supported on powerpc, and X has trouble driving them.
>
>> so they have weezled their way out of providing proper
>> agp support. making my hard earned (ok thats debatable,
>> i work in IT) cash less likely to transfer to their accounts
>
> Bah. What do you expect ? Do you know of any powerpc northbridge
> manufacturer
> apart from apple that deals with AGP ? There was Mai, whose articia S we
> used
> in the pegasos 1, which supposed had upto 2x agp, but since it had trouble
> with the DMA, and was dead-slow anyway, it was not really usefull, and
> apart
> from that Mai didn't provide real specs to write the agp-gart stuff, and
> even
> pci-mode only froze the box.
>
> Our next version will probably be based from one of the Freescale e600
> core
> based chips, and will have dual pci-express on chip, one for standard
> stuff,
> and the other for graphics, so there you will have a real 3D solution.
>
>> i can probably get a second hand g4 1ghz for cheaper
>> anyway... *shrug*

Im not being critical. Its just clever product specs. Givent that the
agp slot is a pci slot, would it be possible to have 2x of the said
agp slots, thus allowing for two agp video cards.

There arent any really bleeding edge games for linuxppc, i wouldnt
doubt that well see binaries soon. Unreal Tournament has always been great
to linux, and quake has usually as well.

Dean