Re: OldWorld almost dead no booting?

The screen is dead. I used my Lombard G3 PowerBook, left it on for days, etc, also. It started acting up, then the screen went for good, although the machine still seemed to still boot and be running.

You can probably ssh in from another machine and get your files, as I did.

Mauricio Hernandez Z. wrote:
I have a WallStreet OldWorld (1999, first term), 350 MHz, 4,5GB, 256 MB, dual
boot MacOS9 and Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.9 (Yaboot).

After using it with no problems for about a year (for office stuff, MoinMoin
access to friends, etc. I turned it on/off many times, but also left it on for
a week sometimes) I turned it off last saturday morning and I have not been
able to turn it on since then :(

The symptoms:

- Power button does nothing.
- Key Combination, Power+Shift+Fn+Ctrl does reboot turn it on but the only
thing I hear is the sound of fan and see the green/yellow light. Other than
that... nothing else I can see.
- If I do not use the Fn key, the result is exactly as indicated above.

First I thought it may have something to do with the power supply (cables
broken or something) but I used a different one and it was the same problem.

ANY IDEAS, PLEASE????????????

Thanks.