Re: AGP Support in PesasosII

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 12:23:19AM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> (at least the au reseller) doesnt make a big deal out
> of the agp bus. infact it just calls it an agp 'slot' not
> a bus. which makes my old voodoo3 3500tv an appealing
> choice if i had such a motherboard

I'm using Radeons in my two Peg2s and I never felt that I miss a real AGP
bus anyway... that AGP slot in there is fast enough to play bzflag once in a
while and is very capable of playing back DVD movies. So I don't much care
about it... Some sort of die-hard gamers wouldn't buy a Peg2 at all, which
may benefit from a real AGP bus.

And DRI works at least here:
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
(II) RADEON(0): [DRI] installation complete

> so they have weezled their way out of providing proper
> agp support. making my hard earned (ok thats debatable,
> i work in IT) cash less likely to transfer to their accounts
> i can probably get a second hand g4 1ghz for cheaper
> anyway... *shrug*

Of course... there's ebay for used G4 Macs... but keep in mind that there
are not that many vendors for PPC boards out there. Spending some extra
bucks to have a choice of many vendors is better in the long run than to
have just a single vendor forming a monpoly in that area.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/

Please note that year 2004 has come to an end and
the year 2005 is now  -  even in my mail address!