Re: OldWorld almost dead no booting?

> my HD instead of his, just to eliminate variables.
I've come in late on this but I assume you've reset the PRAM (AppleKey +
Opt + P + R when you boot)

I've also had trouble in the past  with an ibook not booting (OS X
actually).
The procedure is to first clear the power manager, then the pram if it
still does not work.
the apple site is a good place for this info:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

On pram and it is interesting that it mentions hearing not start up
chime:

As for turning it off (someone else wanted to turn it off), the chime is
important.  Unless you've turned it off, it can tell you if there are
some sort of problems.  This is why I leave it on.

Andres

PS: I just recalled a side effect of resetting pram.  I believe it
disables the bootloader, at least it disables yaboot on new world macs.
You'll have to run ybin again to correct.

On (21/01/05 18:23), Mauricio Hernandez Z. wrote:
> Rich Johnson (rjohnson@dogstar-interactive.com) wrote:
> >
> > I've got a '98 G3/Wallstreet, that is _about_ to become a debian
> > machine.  I've had similar problems between OS9/OSX dual booting,
but I
> > never got to the bottom of it.
> >
> > My WA guesses are that either the boot firmware is
confused/corrupted,
> > or that the disk is corrupted.   Can you get boot from an OS9
install
> > CD?  That should get you to a point where you can examine the disk.
>
> Nope. Blank/black screen only + the green/yellow light (eternally on).
Not
> even the typical sound of (re)booting.
>
> The only hope I have so far is that I can access someone else's laptop
and try