Re: still no macromedia flash support?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:45:49AM -0600, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> Frustratingly, I have somehow enabled flash advertising (on web pages
> like http://www.economist.com/ ), which REALLY bogs down this 266 Mhz
> PowerBook!

Here's a tip: get the adblocker plugin and add filters for any sites
with troublesome flash. eg http://www.economist.com/*swf  (or just
their ad server or ad directory if it's that easy with their site
to get rid of all the ads).  Then maybe when the next version
of swf_player comes out, go back through your blocked swf urls
and try them to see if the problem is fixed.  For the time being
I actually have a complete flash killer filter, just "*swf" in
adblocker, but I don't know if you want to go that far.

Sorry if this tip negates testing of swf_player. I have every
intention of checking the source code one of these days and
seeing if I can understand it well enough to debug these sorts
of problems and submit patches.

--
Mike Small
smallm@panix.com