Re: Trouble installing debian on a 8500/120

Clive Menzies wrote:

Suggest you try the new sarge d-i rc2 - it's 'soon' to be the next
stable distribution and works pretty well.  It also has heaps more
functionality than woody.

Have fun!

Clive

I'll second that. I tried a Woody install on my G4 iMac last year & never could get a fully functional system, espec w regard to X configuration. Finally gave up.

A month ago I installed Sarge & sailed right thru the installation, with just a bit of resolution tweaking at the end. (Was espec pleased that the installer got my wireless connection going automagically--that had always been a bitch under YellowDog.)

Good luck!    --Harvey