Re: PPC Firewire support on 2.4.18-newpmac/Debian-3.0 r1 install CD?

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 07:25:05AM -0800, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>     "Gabriel" == Gabriel Paubert <paubert@iram.es> writes:
>
>     Gabriel> Not surprising, since *power4* means that it is a 64 bit
>     Gabriel> kernel, i.e., for G5 aka PPC970.
>
> The Debian power4 kernels in sarge still run in  32 bit mode AFAIK.

Indeed, I was not clear, sorry. What I meant is that, even if it runs
in 32 bit mode, it uses features of 64 bit processors that are very
different of what is available in 32 bit processors (the MMU comes
to mind: different page tables, no BATs but large segments, etc...).

	Cheers,
	Gabriel