Re: PPC Firewire support on 2.4.18-newpmac/Debian-3.0 r1 install CD?

    "Wolfgang" == Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> writes:

    Wolfgang> The details: The hard disk broke on a PowerBook G4
    Wolfgang> (TitaniumIV). The repair service already installed a new
    Wolfgang> disk to this machine. I need access to the old disk: The
    Wolfgang> repair service will give me the chance to access the
    Wolfgang> data on the old disk via a firewire connection from the
    Wolfgang> Titanium to the broken disk. This will happen tomorrow
    Wolfgang> noon.

I have used recent d-i builds (Sarge RC2 and later, kernel 2.6.8) to
boot a G4 laptop and it has detected an external firewire drive
succesfully. The external drive in question was a newer G5 tower in
target disk mode ;-)

Might be worth a try: boot from CD, go to virtual terminal, mount two
disks, and copy?

Cheers!
Shyamal