Re: TEST: Sleep suppport for iBook G4 & Aluminium PowerBooks (ATI based)

On 19 Nov 2004 at 17h11, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Hi,

> NOTE2: This is still quite experimental, be careful if something goes
> wrong (like lots of oopses or crashes on wakeup), you'd rather
> hard-restart the machine right away than let corrupted memory buffers
> be written back to your disk ;)

Been able to test the patch. Some issues:
- when sleeping by closing the lid, and wakeing by opening again, laptop
resumes, then re-sleeps, then resumes again. Does not happen when using
snooze.

- After wakeup, hard drive access seems to crash stuff hard (tested
while in X, everything goes fine until I tried to open a
second gnome-terminal: window appeared then it froze). Did another test
while in console, sleeping, wakeing, running hdparm -tT /dev/hda
resulted in a big trace which I photographed:

http://colino.net/tmp/dsc02695.jpg
http://colino.net/tmp/dsc02696.jpg

HTH,
--