Re: Search for patched yaboot testers ...

Hi

I have the following four systems where I could test the patches.
PowerBook Alu 1 GHz 15"
PowerBook Pismo G3 400 Mhz
PowerMac G3 blue/white
Pegasos I (Here I never managed to install a stock Debian kernel, I have a
custom compiled kernel based on the Gentoo 2.6.8-pegasos-r2, then used a
chroot to install a minimal Debian system and managed to install Debian on
it. But the way was quite complicated). When I tried 10 days ago to boot your
kernel from
http://people.debian.org/%7Eluther/d-i/images/daily/powerpc/cdrom-minimal/2.4/vmlinuz-chrp.initrd
I was unable to boot into it.

What are the steps which you would like to test? E.g. on each system I have
one spare partition but I cannot afford to format the whole disk. I have
however a external FireWire-HD which I could wipe out each time.
Did you apply the patch for an external firewire
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/11/msg00056.html ?

Is it sufficient to just install the minimal Debian system?

Do I have to write a install report for each installation for each machine?

Can you tell me when your modified d-i-isos are available?

Best regards

--
Niklaus Giger
Wieshoschet 6