Re: Sleep support with Cisco Aironet (was: Test patch for sleep..)

On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 21:07 +0200, Mich Lanners wrote:

> > Yes, it's probably a bug with the airo driver. It needs proper
> > suspend/resume callbacks, or if it has them, then they need to be
> > debugged :)
>
> Anything I can help with? Maybe you can point me in the right direction.
> I have an Aironet card as well, and I need to manually ifdown and eject
> it before going to sleep, which works most of the time :-(.
>
> What are the chances 2.4 and 2.6 contain the same bug? I'm running a 2.4
> kernel still.

Difficult to say, I'm not totally sure what happens with pcmcia cards on
suspend/resume, what kind of event they get (do they get "removed"
virtually or do they just have to implment normal suspend/resume
calls ?)

You'll have to experiemnt and see, unfortunately, I'm too busy at the
moment.

Ben.