blank boot up screen in OldWolrd WallStreet

Greetings to you all,

I tried to use kernel-images but I couldn't even boot it (kernel panic).
Obviously, as you already know, oldworld macs use BootX, so I even tried with
different arguments (with initrd and without initrd, ie) but it wouldn't boot.

I decided to compile 2.6.8.1 (as I had done it before sometime with 2.6.8).
I can boot (just specifying vmlinux-2.6.8.1 in BootX), I see the Tux but
nothing else.
(I even hear the HD working).

The good thing is I boot and I can blindly log in, startx (fluxbox) and only
then SEE and use the Bok.
But it is a pain in the neck, specially when needing terminals urgently and
not X.

Any ideas of why I am having this problem?
Any one has used 2.6.8.1 in OldWorlds?
Any one has compiled it successfully in OldWorld and reboot ok? (could you
provide .config)

Thanks for reading and responding.

--
Mauricio Hernandez Z.
Director de Servicios

www.tecnocimiento.cl

[Este mail ha sido escrito bajo estandares simples de edicion para asi evitar
problemas de
compatibilidad de caracteres considerando los idiomas y softwares de las
personas que lo podran recibir]